Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Keep Calm Craft On {crafting on}

019

035

025

072
Ahem

I am pushing myself as far as I can, chugging away on C's birthday present. I dubbed it the 'C Ingalls Wilder'. I can't get over how ridiculously cute this is. I really want to finish it up so I can see it in all of it's glory on C. I know it will be just perfect. I feel like I should include some kind of Laura Ingalls Wilder gift to go with it, but what? We have her booksand the paper dollsalready - any suggestions?

I am using my leftover Shalom yarn to make this even more special for her. The girls' both love it when they get something knit out of the same yarn that was used for someone else in the family. The little things that make them happy!

The funniest thing happened today as I was taking these pics. Well it's not really funny but I am trying to laugh at it all. Using my freshly repaired and back from the shop 50mm lens, I perched on top of our coffee table to take just a couple of quick photos. If you have ever used a 50mm lens then you know how you really have to back up quite a bit from your subject to get it in the shot - hence the standing on the coffee table. Well, as I was coming down from the coffee table I tipped it causing the table, myself and my camera to come down with a big thump. The table survived, I survived, my camera appears to have survived (I'll need to play with it more later to be certain) but my lens did not. I saw that the filter was shattered which is not too big of a deal but then I tried to focus the lens and it was jammed. So, back to the shop it goes. In the mean time I shall just have to practice patience. I will keep calm and just craft away my woes. Although, this really tempts me to go further in to debt with my credit card and buy a wide angle lens to use, but I know I can not and should not. Kindly shake me a few times to remind me I can't let us go further into debt!!

I keep forgetting to snap pics of the girls' water bottle carriers from the root children. I'll try to remember at some point this week.

If you would like to link up and share your current works in progress please leave your link below. It can now be either to your specific blog post or Flickr photo. There are no rules, only that your link is current and something about a craft project (of any kind) you are working on. Don't forget that there is now a KCCO Flickr group for you to share your crafting photos at anytime.

Please remember to link back here so that others who may want to join KCCO can find us.

It's as simple as that. Remember your post can be from any day of the week, it doesn't have to be today. We all love feedback so if you have a moment please leave a comment on some of the KCCO posts you may visit. I know they really inspire me! Now please share and inspire us all!



What are you working on? Happy creating!

Share/Bookmark
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...